Oshkosh is located along Lake Winnebago in Northeast Wisconsin, serving as the seat of Winnebago County. The Oshkosh region has a population of just under 100,000. Below you will find an expanding list of programming, services, and attributes of our community:
|Main Street Oshkosh, 1890, Oshkosh Public Library|
Oshkosh offers many quality K-16 programs -
- UW Oshkosh
- Fox Valley Technical College
- Oshkosh Area School District
- K-12 Catholic Schools
- K-12 Oshkosh Christian Schools
- Oshkosh Public Library
- UW Oshkosh Polk Library
The area's 5 largest employers are -
- Oshkosh Corporation (Specialized trucks, 2,712);
- Bemis (Packaging tape/Plastic film, 1,580);
- Oshkosh Area School District (Education, 1,440);
- University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (Education, 1,344);
- Aurora Medical Center (Health care, 1,079)
- Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce
- Oshkosh Workforce Development Center
For an impressive overview of Oshkosh History, visit the Oshkosh Public Library Local History page.
This overview of our community was adapted from the Oshkosh Convention & Visitor's Bureau. We encourage you to visit their website at http://www.visitoshkosh.com/ to learn more about the many attributes of the community as well as the fine events and activities happening across town.
This page is (and will be) exanding with additional information being added weekly as time permits. Feel free to suggest additional items for the page.